Do you enjoy hiking and live in the Palm Springs area, or are you going to be visiting the Palm Springs area and want to go hiking? A lot of people don’t realize that the area has some fantastic hiking trails that you can hike during the winter months when the temperatures are perfect most the time.
What about during the summer when it is so hot, where can I hike then? Well, you can ride the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway and enjoy many wonderful hikes up there, or you can make the short drive to Idyllwild and enjoy some beautiful hikes.
As you can see the Palm Springs area is a great place to live or visit if you are a hiker!
Palm Springs area trails
- Palm Springs Indian Canyon Trails – A mix of strenuous and easy hikes, the valley’s most famous.
- The Araby Trail – An uphill hike that takes you past Bob Hope’s house.
- The Art Smith Trail – Takes you to a palm oasis and great views of Palm Desert.
- The Bear Creek Canyon Trail – A medium difficulty hike to an oasis.
- The Berns Trail – This trail gives you great panoramic views of the valley.
- The Palm Springs Museum Trail – An uphill strenuous hike with great views.
- The Clara Burgess – This trail takes you to the top of Murray Hill.
- The Garstin Trail – Strenuous uphill hike with fantastic views of the valley.
- Desert “Bump-n-Grind” – A very popular hike for valley residents, also a great cardio hike.
- The North Lykken Trail – Uphill hike that provides great views of the valley.
- The South Lykken Trail – One of my favorite hikes in the valley.
- Coachella Valley Preserve – Several trails on or near earthquake faults.
- Mecca Hills / Painted Canyons – Beautiful slot canyon hike, one of my favorites.
- Big Morongo Canyon Preserve – Beautiful nature preserve in Morongo Valley with several hiking trails
- Anza-Borrego State Park – Hike the Pictograph trail in Anza-Borrego State Park
Palm Springs Aerial Tramway/Mt. San Jacinto Wilderness
Joshua Tree National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park overview
- Hike up Ryan Mountain – A fairly easy hike that offers fantastic views of the park
- Hike to 49 Palms Oasis – A 3.4 mile round trip hike to a fan palm oasis
- Hike to the Lost Horse Mine – A 6.8 mile loop hike that takes you to an 1800’s gold mine
- Hike to the Lost Palms Oasis – A 7.4 mile hike to a beautiful desert oasis
Idyllwild Area Hiking Trails
- Idyllwild Area Hiking Trails – Hikes you can take during the summer months.