Wellmans Divide Hike | Round Valley Hike | Round Valley Loop | Photo Galleries
Hiking and so much more
Are you going to be visiting the Palm Springs area? Are you interested in hiking or other outdoor activities in the Coachella Valley, Palm Springs or nearby areas? Need a place to stay in the Palm Springs area? Need info on area restaurants? Or do you want to see a movie and dine at one of the Coachella Valleys great restaurants? You can find information on where to stay while in the Coachella Valley as well. We also have information on other things to do in Palm Springs and Southern California.
Palm Springs area trails
- Palm Springs Indian Canyon Trails - A mix of strenuous and easy hikes, the valley's most famous.
- The Araby Trail - An uphill hike that takes you past Bob Hope's house.
- The Art Smith Trail - Takes you to a palm oasis and great views of Palm Desert.
- The Bear Creek Canyon Trail - A medium difficulty hike to an oasis.
- The Berns Trail - This trail gives you great panoramic views of the valley.
- The Palm Springs Museum Trail - An uphill strenuous hike with great views.
- The Clara Burgess - This trail takes you to the top of Murray Hill.
- The Garstin Trail - Strenuous uphill hike with fantastic views of the valley.
- Desert "Bump-n-Grind" - A very popular hike for valley residents, also a great cardio hike.
- The North Lykken Trail - Uphill hike that provides great views of the valley.
- The South Lykken Trail - One of my favorite hikes in the valley.
- Coachella Valley Preserve - Several trails on or near earthquake faults.
- Mecca Hills / Painted Canyons - Beautiful slot canyon hike, one of my favorites.
- Big Morongo Canyon Preserve - Beautiful nature preserve in Morongo Valley with several hiking trails
- Anza-Borrego State Park - Hike the Pictograph trail in Anza-Borrego State Park
Palm Springs Aerial Tramway/Mt. San Jacinto Wilderness
Joshua Tree National Park
Idyllwild Area Hiking Trails
- Idyllwild Area Hiking Trails - Hikes you can take during the summer months.
Southern & Northern California, Oregon and Arizona Hiking
We now have information on Hiking trails in Arizona, Hiking trails in Oregon and hiking in Southern and Northern California.
- Southern California Hiking Trails
- Northern California Trails
- Arizona Hiking Trails
- Oregon Hiking Trails
Hiking In Palm Springs Updates
If you come across a trail that is no longer open, or the parking area has changed, or anything that hikers would need to know we need your help to keep the website updated. You can email us here and we will make any necessary changes. We thank you in advance for your help in keeping Hiking In Palm Springs up-to-date.
Please use caution hikers!
No matter when you go hiking in the desert always have the correct equipment and lots and lots of water. Every week several hikers are having to be rescued because they either wander off the trails and get lost, or run out of water. Please don't be one of those folks. Always carry more water than you think you will need, and don't wander off the established trails.
Hiking in and around Palm Springs can be very dangerous. Just because it is a desert doesn't mean it will not get cold in the winter, and it definitely gets very hot in the summer. As much as I like hiking in the Palm Springs area I recommend that you don't hike in the area in the summer unless you are a very experienced hiker and you have the proper equipment and lots of water. Desert weather can be very hot in the summer, and very cold in the winter, and it can be windy and very dangerous. Wear proper clothing, have proper equipment and follow these hiking tips or you may pay with your life.
Hiking In Palm Springs Disclaimer
Any outdoor recreation can be potentially hazardous, and hiking is no exception. All participants must assume responsibility for their own actions and safety, exercise sound judgment, and be prepared for and seek advice on weather and trail conditions.
Although the authors and publisher of Hiking-in-ps.com ("this site") try to make the site as accurate as possible, they disclaim any liability for accident, loss, injury, inconvenience or other damage that may be sustained by anyone using the information contained on the site.